Email, we all have to live with it. And we struggle daily with the horrible clients available to us: gmail web, OSX's Mail.app, Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
The frustration of all the quirks and ugly interfaces made me setup mutt. And now I handle my mail with joy.
In this set of pages I will describe how, including links to the configurations.
Time to get our hands dirty! Let's setup this wonderful setup so we can handle mail in a fast and organised way.
So, what kind of setup do I have?
- A google apps account for my work email (michiel@work)
- An IMAP account for my personal email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- An IMAP account for my own company email (email@example.com)
- Contacts in the default OSX contacts app synced to iCloud
- All mail is downloaded to my notebook and to my personal server at home to handle mail if my notebook is not available
- I have seperate workflows for my work and personal email handling. For work I do not store mail in folders. It's either in my INBOX (needs action) or in the Archive (handled)
For personal and my own company I store mail in folders (subject, mailinglists, clients etc etc)
Now the fun part, let's explain how I did setup all this.